Thursday, May 1, 2008

My favorite websites - of late

I like:

CNET's Download.com, which offers downloads of software, multimedia, and other downloadable stuff. What really excites me is that as a band or a fan, music can be uploaded or downloaded for free. I am listening to a mix of about 8 different artist's music whose MP3s I just downloaded for free, with their full consent. As an artist myself, I found this website to be extremely helpful in adding another dimension to my band's distribution channels (MySpace, PureVolume, etc.). Anyway, the music is broken down into niche-genres, thus making it quite fun to discover new music in almost any genre you are into. Try Rock/Pop, then sub-genre Hard Rock/Metal, then sub- sub-genre Sludge Metal, and you will understand the kind of organization that is going with this website.

I don't like:

The Phoenix Suns' Suns.com, which really is just due to me having died just a little bit the other day when they were ONCE AGAIN eliminated from contention in the 2008 NBA Playoffs. Not good. Nuff said.

No comments:

Get Punched!